11 Jul 2018 16:56:49
Lenny says Hibs have knocked back a second bid for McGinn from us. They want more than we are willing to pay?

1.) 11 Jul 2018
11 Jul 2018 17:32:36
Hold out till January and sign him on a bosman.

2.) 11 Jul 2018
11 Jul 2018 22:44:44
Marco what makes you think he would wait around till then?

3.) 11 Jul 2018
11 Jul 2018 23:37:57
McGinn is a good lad, I understand the wheeling and dealing aspect of the deal but let's just get it done. HH.

4.) 12 Jul 2018
12 Jul 2018 07:28:46
Lenny has said that the Bhoy is desperate to sign for us. So wait till jan.

5.) 12 Jul 2018
12 Jul 2018 07:41:23
Good to see the news saying we will wait to January for a pre contract - he wasn’t worth the initial bid and certainly ain’t worth 2 million.

Time will tell if all these lower championship teams really are interested.

6.) 12 Jul 2018
12 Jul 2018 08:12:41
I can't see a player hanging around with just a promise we will sign him later.
What happens if he gets big injury or if Celtic discover a player that they think is more suited to our team.
He may be desperate to play for us but willing to gamble with part of his career?
Plus your telling a player he isn't worth paying for.

7.) 12 Jul 2018
12 Jul 2018 10:20:48
Even if an English club came in, if he refuses to go that’s dead in the water. Hibs need to talk to him. If he wants to come as much as Lenny says, then they will have a £2m hole in their accounts.

I think Brendan is already looking at Kouassi as an alternative. I think the boy has what it takes. We play him until December, we get McGinn in January for eff all and Next season we have cover if any current players fancy a move.

Hibs are playing a dangerous game.

8.) 12 Jul 2018
12 Jul 2018 11:00:24
If Celtic really want him we are playing a dangerous game tae. If someone comes in with the money hibs want and offer Mcginn good wages we really could miss out.

{Ed007's Note - McGinn has made it clear to Hibs - and Celtic - that he has no interest in moving anywhere apart from Celtic so there's no point in Hibs accepting offers from other clubs. People are (as usual) flapping over nothing. Hibs want as much £ as possible and Celtic want to pay as litlle as possible, it's called negotiating and with two hard nosed stubborn men like Lawwell and Petrie it was never going to be straight forward, McGinn is Hibs most saleable assett and they want/need to cash in.}

9.) 12 Jul 2018
12 Jul 2018 11:52:14
Won't happen mcginn willing to sign another year just to get hibs and st midden there money hibs want £3m plus SA and a year loan of griff but think it will end in £2.5 m and sa.

10.) 12 Jul 2018
12 Jul 2018 12:24:12
There needs to be a balance of whether getting the player in and settled is worth more than saving what, to us, amounts to fairly small change.

{Ed007's Note - This could be a good to to show a breakdown on transfer monies again, this doesn't include wages. Remember St Mirren are also due 30% -33% of any fee Hibs get for McGinn and note that McGinn hasn't requested a transfer (yet?) so is due 5% of the fee plus any monies owed to him via his contract:

(a) Transfer fee - the big number.
(b) Any levy applied by the local FA – 5% for the EPL.
(c) Tax due on the transfer fee – typically this will be VAT (at varying rates across Europe) some or all of which should be reclaimable.
(d) Agent fees – this may be to one or more agents.
(e) Tax due on the agent fees – typically this is VAT at the local rate where the agent bills from – it is not reclaimable.
(f) Intermediary fees – this may be to one or more sponging leeches (what do you mean you have a super agent?) .
(g) Tax due on the Intermediary fees – typically this is VAT at the local rate where the Intermediary bills from – it is not reclaimable.
(h) Signing on fee to the player (possibly including non-reclaimable VAT if the player is VAT registered).
(i) Legal fees.
(j) VAT on legal fees which is reclaimable.
(k) Moving/relocation costs for the player.
(l) VAT on moving/relocation costs which is reclaimable.
(m) Paying up insurance costs to the selling club (sometimes waived).
(n) Variables and tax on variables which may or may not be reclaimable) – these would typically include legal fees, moving/relocation costs, etc.. This was off the top of my head and I may well have forgotten something. The big numbers are the transfer fee, agent fees and possibly other intermediary fees (what do you mean you have a super agent?}

What is paid by the selling club would typically include:

(a) If the player is under 24 and moving between different football associations, a Solidarity contribution paid to his previous clubs responsible for his training - this is 5% of the transfer fee received (apportioned 5% of the contribution for each year from the season of his 12th birthday to the season of his 15th birthday and 10% of the contribution for each season from his 16th to 23rd birthdays).
(b) If the player moves to a higher category club (all clubs being categorised 1 to 4) then Training Compensation is due for the period of age 12 to 21. Compensation is due to all clubs when the player turns from amateur to professional and thereafter only when he moves from his final training club to another club. The initial training compensation is levied at the training costs associated with Category 4 clubs. The subsequent figure is agreed between the sides or tribuneral if necessary.
(c) Any monies owed to the player if he did not request a transfer – again this is 5% of the transfer fee received.
(d) Any monies owed to the player in terms of his contract (typically outstanding owed wages (not future wages) and bonuses).
(e) Any money contractually due to a previous club as the result of a sell-on clause.}

11.) 12 Jul 2018
12 Jul 2018 13:34:42
Well said ED. Even still. Should be signing him. Need players, need better players. Get him in. Focus on others rather than all this nonsense.

12.) 12 Jul 2018
12 Jul 2018 13:53:50
So unless Celtic pay what Hibs want he will be going nowhere until at least Jan because McGinn has stated he wants nowhere else a move to Celtic is the only place he wants to go. Would that be classed as tapping up the player then ED?

{Ed007's Note - No.}

13.) 12 Jul 2018
12 Jul 2018 14:18:45
That's alright then so Ed in your opinion will this end up being a Jan signing or possibility of this happening this window be more beneficial for Hibs to sell now once Hibs comes to their senses?

{Ed007's Note - There's 7 weeks left in the window and I'm 100% certain that McGinn will be a Celtic player before then, calm down.}

14.) 12 Jul 2018
12 Jul 2018 15:36:53
Ed I'll be honest, I'm not reading all of that haha but I see that there are a lot of points to be covered during negotiations.

{Ed007's Note - It's a lot more complicated than people think, Kev.}

15.) 13 Jul 2018
13 Jul 2018 08:36:17
Mcginn will be here soon enough. No danger of that. Rogers wants him, he wants to come to us The rest is just wrangling.